For the 100th anniversary, in 2024, the Guild will be producing celebratory merchandise, including a calendar for the year decorated with images of churches within the Peterborough Diocese.
The calendar will be produced with images in landscape format. As many towers may look better in portrait than landscape, submissions can be a single landscape image or a selection of images of a single church to produce a collage. Images may be an external view of the church or tower, of the bells or installation, or architectural features of the church - be as inventive and artistic as you like. Images of a vibrant town centre church would be as interesting as an idyllic country church in a peaceful landscape. Images showing different seasons are particularly welcomed.
Pictures need to be of churches within the boundaries of the Peterborough diocese with 3 or more bells hung for ringing. The bells do not need to be ringable. For ideas of towers, see the Towers pages of this site. The competition is open to anyone.
The contest closes the 1st September 2022, with winners to be announced at the Summer Festival in September 2022. The three best images, as judged by the 100th anniversary committee, will be the recipient of a 100th anniversary calendar each for the photographer and for the tower pictured.
The small print:
- Images need to be in jpeg or png or equivalent format.
- Files should be at least 3000 pixels in the longest side, typically more than 2 MB in size.
- Images must have been taken by you and contain no text, watermarks or other annotations.
- You must have permission of any identifiable person within the image to submit the image.
- By submitting an image, you agree to release the photo under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0). This allows PDG, media or any other organisation to use the photo freely, with appropriate credit to the photographer.